7/19/2010 07:08:00 PMPosted by SouthernGurl
UPDATE: Full episode added. See below.
Tonight Usher's VH1 Behind the Music episode airs at 8 p.m. and it will trace Usher's beginnings from a small town choirboy discovered at a local talent show to one of the biggest selling R&B artists of all time and a triple threat entertainer, starring in film, TV, and Broadway. Usher talks about growing up in the public spotlight, the outlet he found in his music, and the true meaning behind some of his biggest songs. During an exclusive interview, Usher opens up like never before:
- Usher shares for the first time his emotional reunion with the father who had abandoned him as a child, their limited time together, and the terminal illness that forced Usher to make one of the most difficult choices of his life. "He was into drugs," Patton said. "He was into having a great time and that was it." Usher grew up wondering why his father, who he is named after, did not maintain contact with him, despite living near by. "I can remember still wondering, 'Am I not good enough? Does he not want to know me? Does he know we have the same name? Why didn't he want to call me or come see me? Does he think about me?'" he said.
- Usher confesses to having a longtime crush on TLC's Chilli as he looks back at the beginning of their relationship and the steamy music video for U Remind Me that sparked their romance. He addresses the rumors of infidelity and a secret "baby" that dogged their relationship, citing the real reason behind their breakup: Usher cheated. Chili said the indiscretion was difficult to handle. "I felt like a fool," she said. After Usher and Chili's breakup, Usher released his successful Confessions album that was fueled by admissions of infidelity. Chili was bothered by all of the attention surrounding the album's theme.
"I hated that album," she said. "You know, because I just, I hated what it stood for. I hated that it was blowing up because people were thinking that 'Oh my God, this is all about their relationship,' it was just too much. It was a lot for, it was too much for me to handle."
- Usher speaks candidly about the recent divorce from his wife, Tameka, the lifestyle that led to irreconcilable differences, their two sons, and his pledge to be the father he never had. Usher now confirms that his mother, Jonetta Patton did have an issue with Foster. "The relationship between me and Tameka, uh, definitely bothered my mother," he said. "She never chooses to speak about it, but, I think that she just didn't approve of it because she didn't want to."
- Usher addresses the creative differences that led him to fire his mother as his long-time manager.. and the reasons behind their professional reconciliation.
- Usher declares his unending love for women, elaborates on the future of his acting career, and expresses a new-found love for mentoring, most notably his latest protégé, Justin Bieber.
- Usher talks about leaving home at fifteen to work on his self titled debut album with Sean "Puffy" Combs and the endless temptations he faced living in the big city.
The episode will re-air Tuesday, July 20th at 4 a.m., 11 a.m. and 11:30 p.m.; and on Wednesday at 7 p.m.
JUST IN CASE YOU MISSED IT, CLICK THE RED LINK BELOW TO WATCH THE FULL EPISODE!