9/30/2008 02:36:00 AM

Welcome to BlackCelebrityMen.blogspot.com!

Posted by SouthernGurl

Hi, everyone and welcome to BlackCelebrityMen.blogspot.com. Thanks for visiting.

Nearly a month ago, my 'big sister' Nikki dragged me and my sister to see Tyler Perry's stageplay The Marriage Counselor at the Tallahassee Civic Center. I griped to my sister about attending because no matter how many times I tried to sit and watch a Tyler Perry screenplay, I'd always seem to lose interest once someone broke out into song! Something about someone holding a conversation then all of a sudden breaking out into a song freaked me out. I also never seemed to get past those gaudy stage sets. So when I decided to attend Tyler's play, I made sure to pack at least 2 books and 3 magazines to read once those people started singing. We get to the venue, go to our seats which were waaaaaaaaay up at the very top. I'm a little over five feet tall and I swear I could have touched the concrete beams above me if I stretched far enough!! I became a bit perturbed because although the folks on the stage looked like ants from where I was sitting, the section we were in was also very dim.... which meant I wouldn't be able to read my books and mags once the singing started. So I'm sitting there like, 'Seriously, Jesus?! For real? This is how You gonna do me?' I guess He got mad at me for questioning Him because the next thing I knew, some girl and her date came and sat in the seats next to me. Five seconds later, all I hear is 'CRUNCH, CRUNCH, CRUNCH, SLURP, SLURP, SLURP, CRUNCH, CRUNNNCH, CRUUUUUUNCH!' This heffa and her man both going to town on some damn nachos and sodas! Eventually, the lights go down and show starts. Long story short, I LOVED it! Like I said before, I could barely see the actors, but their performances were so full of energy, I felt as if I had no other choice but to sit back and enjoy the show. I honestly don't remember laughing my ass off the way I did that night. I didn't want the show to end. Actor Palmer Williams, Jr. (who also co-stars on Tyler's House of Payne sitcom): I will never look at him the same again. He gained a new hardcore fan that night in Tallahassee. Timon Kyle Durrett. Yes, sir! The Marriage Counselor marks his stageplay debut. He has also had roles on Girlfriends, CSI NY, CSI Miami, Las Vegas and Heroes (thanks for the added info, Cherry. I had no idea). He gained a new fan in me too....and then some! Eye candy like you wouldn't believe is what he is. Yall might want to keep an eye on him. I see him doing big things in the near future. If you look at my banner on the homepage, he's the guy in between The Rock and Idris Elba. Fine, ain't he? Told ya. Needless to say, I never once reached in my purse to pull out a magazine or book! I told Nikki, 'We have to see this play again!'

That brings me to another reason as to why I started this site. I noticed Tyler cast the most fineness men in his films and plays: Terrell Carter, Lamman Rucker, Christian Keys, Boris Kodjoe, Allen Payne, Henry Simmons, Shemar Moore, Michael Jai White, Richard T. Jones, the aforementioned Timon Kyle Durrett, Blair Underwood, Rick Fox and Lance Gross....just to name a few. Then it hit me. A blog which features nothing but black male celebrities. There's BlackCelebKids.com, a website dedicated to the offspring of black celebrities. There's also a website which celebrates the beauty, style and accomplishments of Black and Brown women in Hollywood; and Pigskin Loving Lady, a blog which features only Black NFL players.

Before launching BlackCelebrityMen, I searched the web high and low in hopes of finding a website dedicated to our Black men in the entertainment and sports industry and came up with nothing. My first thought was to only shed light on the media's sexiest black men. Then I thought to myself, 'That's not fair. What if JoJo (of K-Ci & JoJo) fall and bust his ass again? Or what if 50-leven year old Flavor Flav scores another buffoonery of a reality show? Or Kanye West throws another bitch-fit over the pettiest thing just because he feels the urge to?' Surely I'd be remiss if I didn't acknowledge those events!

All of the explanations above are my primary reasons for creating this blog. Actors, pro athletes, singers, rappers, authors, up-and-coming authors...if they're black men in the the media industry...even the has-beens and the D-list, chances are sooner or later you'll find a post about them here. So take a look around. Hopefully, you'll like what you see and come back for more; and please don't hesitate to tell me what you think of the site. I'm open to any suggestions you all may have that will make this a better blog. Also, I'm still working on adding more blog links as well as a better looking banner for the site as well as an official logo. So if anyone has any suggestions, tips or want to provide assistance, just drop me an email at BlackCelebrityMen@gmail.com.

Once again, I thank you all ever so kindly for visiting BlackCelebrityMen.blogspot.com.
......

12 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

Congratulatioons on your new site Southerngurl. I can't wait to see what you have in store for us!

Anonymous said...

Hey SG! just wanted to drop by to see how things were going. Good luck on your new blog! I am LOVING the layout!!

Anonymous said...

UH-OH! I JUST PUT 2 AND 2 TOGETHER AND REALIZED THAT CELEBRITY BLACK MAN IS SYNONYMOUS WITH LAMMAN RUCKER AND LANCE GROSS.....

AND SEEING AS THOUGH BOTH OF THEIR FACES ARE IN YOUR BANNER, THIS COULD BE A GOOD THING......

BRING ON THE SEXINESS, PLEASE AND THANK YOU! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Umm what the hell gurl?? You did say THIS WEDNESDAY right??

Anonymous said...

All right SG. Do your thang ma! I'll be checking for you.

Anonymous said...

U ARE A FOOL!! That entire post made me laugh my ass off!!!! You actually took books and magazines inside the venue?!!! Girl, BYE!! I am too through with you!!!! LMAO at you saying Jesus was mad at you!

Liyah74 said...

Very nice. I can't wait to see your progression.

Unknown said...

Thank you much liyah for the support! It means a lot!

Anonymous said...

Crunch crunch! slurp slurp! SG you are a mess! I'm LMAO. This is good stuff!

Anonymous said...

I just came across your site and I must say I love it already. Keep up the good work. If your other blog is any indication of how entertaining to read this one can be, you can definitely look forward to receiving my support.

Take Care

**Serendipity

OutOfTheAshes said...

Hi SouthernGurl,

I was just lurking at LSA, read one of your posts, and decided to click on the link to this site. I like it. It's a really entertaining site.

Admin said...

Thank you so much, Ashes! I'm just now seeing your message. Just goes to show you how busy I've been lately. LOL! I hope you continue to come back.

Related Posts with Thumbnails