9/12/2010 12:14:00 AM

Mehcad Brooks Vibe magazine photoshoot.

Posted by SouthernGurl

Actor Mehcad Brooks is featured in a fall fashion photo spread in Vibe's October 2010 issue; which means, unfortunately, no shirtless, Calvin Klein-ish pics. But there is one pic of the actor donning fire-engine red long johns (also known as a 'union suit' by designer Billy Reid). There was also a brief interview where Mehcad talked about finding work in Hollywood, his work-out regimen and fighting childhood obesity.
MEHCAD ON WHY HE HAD TO SETTLE ON AUDITIONING FOR WHITE ROLES: It was really difficult coming into Hollywood because Black roles were not written for me or the people in my family or the people I grew up with [Mehcad, who was accepted into Yale before attending USC, was raised by a Pulitzer Prize-nominated journalist mother and an attorney father]. They wouldn't hire me to play a guy that was from the 'hood. So I had to go out for White roles. The last two projects that I got were written for White characters. In My Generation, Rolly was blonde, conservative, a George Bush supporter. They only difference now is he's not blonde.'

Well damn, Mehcad.

MEHCAD ON THE RUMOR THAT HE DID 1000 CRUNCHES A DAY FOR HIS CALVIN KLEIN AD CAMPAIGN: 'I didn't have the time to do that or the inclination because I don't always have a Calvin Klein shoot. When I do have something like that, I'll go crazy for a couple of weeks and go to the gym twice a day, eat lean protein like fish and turkey and vegetables and cut carbs around 4 p.m. I'm actually launching a website later this year to try to battle obesity, especially childhood obesity, in this country. If you can contribute 45 minutes to an hour a day exercising, you're going to be a healthy person.'
(CLICK EACH PIC TO SEE ITS FULL IMAGE.)



MORE PICS WHEN YOU CLICK THE RED LINK BELOW!

 

0 COMMENTS:

Related Posts with Thumbnails