11/16/2009 08:31:00 PM

Is Lamman Rucker ready to settle down?

Posted by SouthernGurl


First of all, I want to wish Lamman a very belated Happy Birthday! B.C.M. blog's most favorite black celebrity man celebrated his 30-something b-day back on October 6th!

Hope you had a happy and safe one, Lamman!


Lamman Rucker sat down with Essence.com in June to talk about his role as 'Will' on Tyler Perry's Meet the Browns sitcom as well as his character 'Sheriff Troy' on Perry's Why Did I Get Married Too. And as usual, he was asked about the status of his personal life...which he happily answered. So unless his relationship status has changed in the last four months, chances are you die-hard fans will be satisfied with his answer.
ESSENCE.COM: What do you have in common with your married doctor character Will?
LAMMAN RUCKER: A lot of things. He is the first in [the Brown family] to have an advanced degree. I know what a challenge that can be and the dynamic of being one of the people in your family who has had the privilege to go off to school. He's really down to earth, has a great sense of humor and is very giving and supportive in his relationships. All of that I can relate to.

ESSENCE.COM: You're reuniting with the cast for the sequel to Why Did I Get Married? as Sheriff Troy. What can fans expect from you this time?
RUCKER: I've seen a draft of the script and everyone is going to love this one! We're filming this summer and it is a very interesting snapshot into marriage. The whole cast is returning and the film takes place a couple years down the line. When it comes to marriage and relationships, there is always a new adventure. Sheriff Troy will show an interesting side of himself and people will see his layers. Why Did I Get Married? did so well because it gave some real perspective on the realities of love.

ESSENCE.COM: Does playing these married men have this Do Right Man ready to settle down?
RUCKER: (Laughs.) I'm taking my time on all of that and the application process is still open. When I am ready it will take a woman who knows who she is. Many women are so wounded that they can't love another person. I need a woman who is secure and loves herself first. Then she can share that love and light with me.
......

14 COMMENTS:

Binky said...

I need to know how I can go about getting myself an application. I just hope he ain't doing credit checks. LOL!

LovingLamman said...

Oh wow SG you got my message! I didn't think you did! I'm on your mailing list and I have been checking your blog everyday! Thank you for posting this! I hadn't seen the essence article and now I learned something new about Lamman and unsurprisingly they're all good things.

I also need to know how I can get an application and I don't mean to brag or toot my own horn but my credit is superb!! Sorry Binky but if you think you got a chance with Lamman you gonna have to fight me and FAMU Diva over him first. And I'mma tell you now that although I fight fair, I also fight hard! LOL!!! And for Lamman, I'll fight for as long as need be. Real talk.

FamuDiva said...

I missed my baby's birthday!?! What kind of girlfriend am I? LOL! Happy birthday boo! Lord willing, I won't forget next year.

Unknown said...

Hi Lamman,
I see we share the same sign. It's very nice to hear and see a black man with all of his ducks in a row, knowing who he is, and understanding that its known to have a broken past. Bur learning from it and moving on to greener pastures is the best prescription of healing. I missed the cast of "Meet the Browns" when you all came to visit New Orleans, hopefully I'll catch you guys the next time; I would like to sit and have a cup of coffee with you, and share a little conversation.

Cocoa said...

I CAN BE THAT WOMAN YOU NEED AND MUCH MUCH MORE!!!! I LOVE ME, AND I ALSO LOVE YOU. NEVER MET YOU BUT I FEEL LIKE I HAVE A CONNECTION WITH YOU. I CAN SEE YOUR SOUL THROUGH YOUR EYES. ONE DAY WITH YOU IS ALL I NEED AND I YOU WILL BE READY TO SETTLE DOWN. :)

veta99 said...

I think lamman is so sexy,smart plus those dimples are so deep and make me want 2 lick them

Anonymous said...

I'm a woman who love herself and my family. I need to know can you fall in love with an older woman. What kind of fun things do you like to do. I like fishing I do live on a island.

Anonymous said...

Lamman, if you read your post.. I would like to just re-interate everything that all the previous women has said. You are one of a kind. I had the opportunity to dance next to you at a club in Atlanta 2 weeks ago. I slipped my business card in your pocket. (Sorry, but I am free-spirited woman, and i thought i would just give you my card and let you enjoy yourself.) With that said, I would be very honored if you were to reach out and say "Hi".. Keep being that positive energy that you display simply through your smile. Be Blessed!

Anonymous said...

Lamman you are a very BLESSED black man in every way. You seem to be every womans dream man. You have everything a woman would want. Your smile is beautiful. I hope I can have a chance to know you better.How can I do that?

Betty Saulsberry said...

Hello Lamman,
You are a very handsome, attractive man.. The Lord has blessed u in everyway and I know your parents are very proud of you.. Give u a little about me; My name is Betty, I'm 37 years old, I'm a Scorpio and a Southern girl... Family is important to me and I have no problem making someone else's family important to me. I enjoy watching you on differ shows and u are very talented, keep up the good work and keep God first in everything u do and u shall continue to prosper in life... I hope u answer and also send me an application because I'm anxious to fill it out and tell you more about me... Look for me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter;;;;;; Betty Saulsberry

CLAUDETTE said...

JUST WANT TO SAY HELLO

Anonymous said...

I just would really,really like to meet him!

Anonymous said...

Smh at some of these comments.I guess its ok to dream.Some of you cant even write a proper sentence but you want to date Lamman.Judging from the level of your grammar ,I suggest you spend your spare time with your head buried in a book instead of fantasizing about what you can never have.

Unknown said...

There are so many words to describe this talented, hot, gorgeous man! Ohhh he is sooo HOT n Gorgeous!! Damn he is sooo SEXY!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails