11/16/2009 12:42:00 AM

90s boy band Silk reunite for one night.

Posted by SouthernGurl

I heard a throwback from Silk the other day. I believe it was Lose Control (I loved John-John's voice! He was my favorite member until I heard him refer to his children as his very own 'rainbow coalition.' No sir. Needless to say, that crush died with the quickness!). I love that song! Of course, after listening to the song, I couldn't help but finish listening to the rest of the cd. I wondered what the members of Silk were up to these days so my nosy-by-nature self checked their myspace accounts and learned that the group still perform together very often, which is a good look. Lil G. left the group in 2002 to release his debut solo album. Soon after he began performing in several stage plays, but it looks like he's back for good.

On ajc.com, I found pics of the guys performing at the Delta Classic Chastain Concert Series last August in Atlanta. En Vogue and Tony, Toni Tone also performed.


Looks like I've been sleeping on Silk for the past couple of years because according to their Myspace page:
In 2006 the group returned with their sixth album "Always And Forever" this time on well known R&B/Soul, Contemporary, and Jazz label Shanachie Records. The album featured covers of classics from the 70s, 80s, and 90s R&B. The songs on the album included remakes of Adore by Prince, Don't Disturb This Groove by The System, Always And Forever by Heatwave, Nite And Day by Al B. Sure, Secret Garden (Seduction Suite) by Quincey Jones, The Lady In My Life by Michael Jackson, Two Occasions by The Deele, and Side Show by Blue Magic also appeared on this album. Secret Garden was the first single for which a video was also released.
I think I may have to go cop that. And you best believe if they f-ed up my man's song, which also happens to be my favorite song from the Thriller album, I will be back to blog and bitch about it. Trust and believe.
......

2 COMMENTS:

Unknown said...

I would really like to hear a new cd from silk that was one group that had it . I mean they real could sing an know how to turn you on as well so if there is a way that we can get them back out there I would love that. we don't have any of the group out real that I grow up with in the 90s an we need some of them back out now so that we will have some good music to listen to . Nikki .
Birmingham al

OutOfTheAshes said...

I miss all of the "boy bands" from the 90's: Silk, Shai, Jodeci, Boys II Men, AZ Yet, etc. Today's music is so shitty.

SouthernGurl, how about writing something about some of these artists? I'm sure a lot of readers would be interested. Also, love your site, gurl!

Related Posts with Thumbnails