8/12/2010 10:40:00 PM

Idris Elba in Upscale magazine.

Posted by SouthernGurl

Idris Elba has been featured on the covers of several magazines over the past few months. God, he is so beautiful! Anyway, Upscale magazine is no exception. Idris can be seen gracing their August 2010 issue. In his cover story, this British brother talked a little about his personal life (something he doesn't do too often) including his two children; 8-year-old daughter, Isan (with his ex-wife), and infant son, Otenga (with his current girlfriend). And can yall believe that this man actually thinks people aren't interested in who he dates? Excerpts from his interview are below.
IDRIS ON BEING A SEX SYMBOL: Black men have never been sexy. We're 'sportsmen.' We're 'intimidating.' We're not 'good fathers.' So we need that. I think we should celebrate that. But am I a sex symbol? I don't know. Not everybody likes one thing.

IDRIS ON HIS PERSONAL LIFE: I'm sure people are curious, but do they really care? No. Jesus Christ, does it make a difference in their lives? No, not at all. ...I don't hide my girlfriend in a box or anything like that. I keep a very real existence in my real life. I go shopping for food myself. I have kids. I love my children and I love my kids. But they are not part of that world.

IDRIS ON WHY HE ENJOYS 'MODERATE' SUPER-STARDOM: When you're promoting a film, you become a property. That is actually one of the harder pills to swallow, as far as success is concerned. You have to be accessible all the time. As I climb the ladder, I realize that I'm becoming more and more of a recluse. One can water down their worth if they're over exposed. I like it [the moderate super-stardom] for personal reasons. For my work reasons, it's important that my name is recognizable, to make my films profitable. That's sort of my push-pull dilemma. I don't want it to be at the expense of my personal life to the point where I just can't go anywhere.


MORE PHOTOS FROM IDRIS' PHOTO SHOOT WHEN YOU CLICK THE RED LINK BELOW!




3 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

So fine!

Pretty Wings said...

Damn, Idris is foine.

Davene said...

I went to see this movie yesterday and wanted to run up and lick the screen when Idris was shown! LOL!

Related Posts with Thumbnails