4/07/2010 09:14:00 PM

112 confirms reunion!!; Daron Jones goes solo.

Posted by SouthernGurl


My boys are back!! If you've read my other blog you'd know that I am a HUGE New Edition and 112 fan. They're my favorite two boy bands of all time. That's why I was in totally disbelief when 112 announced their break-up back in 2008. It was messy. Fast forward a year and a half later and apparently the guys have made up and decided to get back together to record a reunion album! The boys revealed their news via their individual Twitter pages. (AND tomorrow, April 8th @ 11:30 a.m. you can tune in online to Atlanta's 107.5's website majicatl.com and listen to the guys discuss their reunion.)

Now, I don't want some of yall to get excited too soon. The group is rekindling, but without one of their members: Slim. His reason for opting out? Well, according to an exclusive interview Daron did with Sound-Savvy.com, "Slim just didn’t want to be a part of it." But see, that's cool though. 112 is the kind of band where everyone can and do sing lead. And that's what I love the most about them. Seriously, Daron could sing the alphabet song and I'd be thoroughly entertained and probably turned on....but I digress. That's just how much I love the sound of his singing voice. Real talk. I'm sure Slim will be missed (I guess) but I have to commend and thank Daron, Mike and Q for thinking enough of their fans to make the decision to reunite despite the fact that it's main lead singer will not be returning. I told my BFF about their reunion earlier this week (yeah, I've been sitting on the news for that long) and she asked me if I thought the remaining three members could make it without Slim. She knew my answer to her question after I gave her the most serious side-eye I could muster. She was talking as if Slim had carried the group since they hit the scene. No ma'am! I had to shut that down something proper-like.

Anyhoo, expect the new reunion album to be released later this year.




And speaking of new albums, Daron seems to have his hands full these days. Not only is the Grammy Award winning songwriter/superproducer back in the studio with his bandmates, he's also gearing up for the release of his debut solo album, Uncensored later this year (the album will be
released on Daron's record label, DPS (Definition of Platinum Sounds). And if you follow him on Twitter, you'd know that's he's exceedingly excited about it. Bless his heart. And he should be. It's been a loooooooong time coming. And don't expect to hear the Daron from 112. Dude has his own sound and it's hot! You can listen to his new single Money by clicking here. It's also available on iTunes.

And speaking of single, guess what ladies, Daron is now single....as in no longer married (although at his wedding he and his ex-wife looked as if there was nothing but great years in store for them). However, my sources are telling me that although he has returned to being a bachelor, he's also currently dating someone. Sorry, ladies.

To find out the reason behind Daron's new album title, his new sound as well as who he wants to work with next, peep his exclusive interview with Sound-Savvy.com.

26 COMMENTS:

PEACHESfromthePEACHSTATE said...

OH IM ABOUT TO HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY! THIS IS SUCH GOOD NEWS! A ALBUM LATER THIS YEAR? I HOPE THEY KEEP THEIR WORD AND DON'T NOTHING COME UP.

Cali $unshine said...

No Slim-turned-Stocky? I can't believe how fluffy and puffy he done got over the years. LOL! But er um I can't see 112 without ol boy. I mean they all can sing but I guess Im so used to hearing his nasal sounding voice. Wait a minute, this reunion may be a good thing! LMAO!!!!!!

FamuDiva said...

I'd take Q and Daron over all the rest of them. Especially Daron since he ain't married no more. So um do I need to make a very special trip to ATL? I think I do. He can get it all day. ALLLLLLLLLLLL Damn DAY!!!

Just jiving---sort of. LOL. But not about the part about him getting it all day. I meant that shit! LOL!

Mina said...

LOL @ Famudiva! What part of he's dating someone did you not get? LOL! That man might be "thisclose" to getting married again. But didn't he just get married about 3 years ago? Now he's already divorced and dating again? Damn. I'm sorry but I can't help but wonder if shes a sista. but I bet she ain't.

Mina said...

Oops I forgot to comment on his music. I love and hate the Money song. I love it because it's a hot track. I hate it because it's been stuck in my head since I listened to it.

Anonymous said...

Hate the song. Guess im use to hearing him sing ballads.

Can't wait for the reunion though.

PandoraLoxx said...

LMAO @ southerngirl!!!! Daron & da alphabet song??!! For real?!! girl bye!!!! Yous a trip!!

Anonymous said...

So no slim? His voice is a very distinctive yall. He wasn't the best singer of the group but this is gonna be weird.

One-Twelve Fan said...

3 members returning is better than none at all. I always been a fan of 112. ALWAYS!!!! I was just bumping my Pleasure and Pain album. Man those dudes can sing they asses off! The should have got way more recognition than they did. Way more. I'm just glad they let bygones be bygones and are back in the studio. I hate I missed their interview this morning.

Who heard it? Anybody?

ebonyeyes said...

112 is DEFinitely BACK!!! YEAH!!! *goes to listen 2 Cupid*

Sophia Petrillo said...

Everybody has their favorite member (Q is mine!!) so Im sure Slim's fans are going 2 B disappointed with this news. But isnt he supposed 2 still B doing his solo thing? Looks like Daron is multi-tasking by working on a solo album and hooking back up w/ the other fellas. I bet Slim's fans wish he would 2. Then again maybe he has other reasons. Is the interview online anywhere? I didn't get 2 hear it either. :((

Anonymous said...

Yeah I heard that Daron is dating again too and from what I heard she ain't a sister. Sorry to bust yall bubbles. lol! But as long as he don't let her cause him to fuck up his voice and his songwriting skills he can love her ass until the end of time for all I care.

La-Di-Dah said...

Wow I never realized how much I missed these guys until I read this story and the one about their breakup on the other site. I've always liked them. I wish them well.

tallu said...

@ ebonyeyes yes Cupid is a freaking classic. Cupid is to 112 what Can You Stand the Rain was to New Edition. Untouchable.

Spazzdat said...

If Daron's single Money is a prelude to how hot his solo album is going to be then I'm copping 3 copies.

--1 for my house
--1 for my car
--and 1 for my damn mama!

LOL!

The Don Da Da's Darling said...

That dam Don Da Da! Yes sir! That track is SICK!

"I be like scccccuuuuurrrrrt through the parking lot!"

OMG! Why am I just now hearing this song?!!!

Mina said...

I'm over here L.M.A. da eff Off!! I don't know who's funnier: spazz for saying she gon buy her mama a copy or Southerngurl for saying that she could listen to this dude sing the ABC (alphabet) song and get turned on!!

One-Twelve Fan said...

So no one found out if we could listen to the interview online? I want to know what they talked about. This is my second time asking.

Big E. said...

dis joint is hot. i just let my bro listen to it and now he won't stop playing it. lol knowing good and well he got to get up and go to work in the morning! this n*ggah is really crunk!!

N.E. Luva said...

I agree with SouthernGurl because I've been a N.E. fan for years too. Slim was alright. But he wasn't the strongest singer in the group. I mean I aint taking nothing away from him. He can sing. He just had that distinctive voice. To me he was like the Ralph Tresvant of 112 you know? Ricky and Johnny had the much stronger voices in NE just like Daron, Mike and Q have in 112.

I mean thats just my opinion. I'm glad these sophisticated gentlemen are back. They don't make boy bands like they used to. No sir they dont. And it's been a long time since we heard some good R&B. I'm ready for Q,D & M to bring it!!

SaddityMe said...

Love the song Daron!! I think I have fallen in love with you all over again.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for them. Slim don't know what he missing. LOL.

tallu said...

@ NELuva: Yes, Mike's voice is off the charts! Sorta reminds me of one of those old school singers from back in the day. He should have been singing lead on more songs. Hopefully we'll hear more of him on this reunion album.

Born Blessed said...

Southerngurl you
are a true trip!

lol!

MzVain said...

I love these guys--including Slim--so much and I am so happy they manned up and resolved their differences to come back together.

That says a lot about their maturity as men and their devotion to each other as brothers.

I was going to click on that link to read that article about why they broke up but now I won't because it doesn't matter now.

There music is timeless, original and romantic. It makes you want to fall in love. It makes you horny too! LOL!

All the reasons above is why I will be supporting these guys 100 percent in whatever they choose to do.

Anonymous said...

Mike's voice is the real deal. It's time for peeps to recognize. Hope we hear more of it on da next 112 album.

Related Posts with Thumbnails