1/11/2010 08:21:00 PM

Lamman Rucker makes guest appearance on 'Let's Talk About Pep.'

Posted by SouthernGurl


Last night my girl and one of my most loyal readers from the very beginning, FamuDiva sent me a link to watch the full season premiere episode of Pepa's Let's Talk About Pep that airs tonight at 10:30 on VH1. I knew that if Diva was sending me a link, it would have to have something to do with Lamman Rucker because that's the only time she really emails me! And it did! Lamman makes a guest appearance on the show. At first, the purpose of his appearance threw me for a loop, I must say. When I watched the trailer last week, Jaque (Reid) confessed she'd never had an orgasm. See, VH1 editors chopped and screwed it to make it look as if Lamman was Jacque Reid's ex-boyfriend. Hearing this had me giving Lamman a serious ass side-eye and Jacque a 'girlfriend-you-have-my-deepest-sympathy' look! Then I watched the entire episode. Evidently, Jacque's biological clock is ticking and she seems to be in a rush to have a baby...but she doesn't have a man. She tells Pep that her ob/gyn suggested she ask an ex-boyfriend to father a child with her. That's where Lamman comes in....or so I thought. Once you watch the premiere episode, you'll know what I'm talking about. I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't watched, but for those who did, you have to admit that Jacque and Lamman are totally capable of producing a beautiful child together! Will Lamman take Jackie up on her offer? I guess only time will tell. It would definitely be a good look! Bless their hearts. Who knew these two had a history together? I remember seeing a picture of them together at the B.E.T. awards several years ago, but I didn't think anything of it.

Anyway, I'm loving this show! So much so, I have already scheduled to record weekly on my DVR because the first episode is that good! Pep's friend Ms. Kitty (she was the voice for BET's Cita's World years ago) is my favorite! What I like most about this show is that it focuses on the love lives of Pep and her friends. It kinda has that Sex In the City feel to it....but with black women.

Anywho, FamuDiva was kind enough to send me her very own screen-caps (and there were a lot of them) from Lamman's appearance. And for those of you who are familiar with Diva and her fascination with Lamman, you also know that in her email she also included how she felt about the whole thing, but I don't have the time to post all of that! Besides, I'm pretty sure she'll make her feelings known in the comments section once she sees this post (that I was supposed to published this morning...but I digress. Better late than never, right?) But I can say that as a journalist, she continues to look up to Jacque the same way she (as well as myself) did when we were in college.

Check out the screen caps below. Oh, and I want to give a big CONGRATS to Lamman on being nominated for a NAACP Image award in the Best Supporting Actor category for his role in Tyler Perry's Meet the Browns sitcom!

13 COMMENTS:

Oshyn said...

Gawd he's so damn FINE! I saw the epi too and Jacque mustve been out her mind to pass up dating Lamman. If he was my man I would be on him like the color black on Akon! I'm so ready to read FD's response! lol!

SaddityMe said...

Just watched the show and I want to say I am so disappointed in Jackie. I felt she took two steps back when she left CNN to go to BET but this right here takes the cake. This is low. I mean it's good to see her from behind the news desk but in this capacity? I ain't feeling it. I can't even take her serious anymore. She gave up too much personal information. You would never see Katie Couric doing some shit like this.

MiaMour said...

I agree with Saddity, Jacqui is coming off thirsty as hell. Don't she know all that marriage and baby talk will have men running the opposite way? She is just too pressed! No wonder she's still single. Lamman better be careful with how he deals with her 'situation.'

Anonymous said...

So Lamman is her Chocolate Drop? I ain't mad one bit!

PrettyNPetite85 said...

OH YEAH I'M TUNING IN EVERY WEEK FOR THIS!

Davene said...

Why did Jacque lie? She know good and damn well she'd put the smack down on her lil Chocolate Drop if ever given a chance. Shiiiiiiiiiiiit, I know I would! LMAO.

TEAM LAMMAN & JACQUE!! said...

I KNEW that was Lamman I saw on that show! I just KNEW it!!!! He and Jacque would make a gorgeous couple!!!

TEAM LAMMAN & JACQUE!!!

SouthernGurl said...

^^^So seeing his face and hearing Jacque and Pep say his name and talk about him didn't ring any bells for you? Gurl you got me over here hollering! LMAO!

ExeSSi said...

Thanx 4 posting these pics of him. He is such a treat 2 look at. I swear I can look at him alllllllll day! All day. He can get it all day 2!

Mina said...

Where's FDiva? I thought she would have made her presence known by now!

ebonyeyes said...

I agree with Saddity too. Jacque is way too classy for this mess and she is on the verge of destroying whatever credibility she has left as a journalist. i really thought she was above all this. I read an interview and she said something like 'she doesn't have to worry about her credibility as a journalist' by being a part of this show. Uh, EARTH TO JACQUE!! WAKE THE HELL UP!!

NEWSFLASH HOMEGIRL: you are out
your rabid mind if you believe for one second that you will have any credibility as a journalist left after doing a reality show with the likes of somebody like Pepa!

What's with this lady? It's like she enjoys taking 2 steps back on everything she does and now to top it off she has signed the demise of her credibility on the dotted line to just so she can tell the world all of her personal business.

SAVE THAT STUFF FOR YOUR REAL GIRLFRIENDS! NOT YOUR SO-CALLED REALITY SHOW GIRLFRIENDS!

ebonyeyes said...

I forgot to add 'GURL BYE!'

Dimples87 said...

First off, when they first kissed as he was greeting her, it looked like she was trying to dodge him. The conversation, according to Lamman, was edited for one reason or another. He said the cameras didn't show the whole conversation.
Lamman is a grown ass man who wouldn't make a decision like they showed on the show. He wants it to be right when he haves kids and gets married or even decides to commit to a woman.
People seem to forget that you're even acting on a reality show and that's what it looks like to me. Can someone give me FamuDiva's info because I can talk about Lamman all day and night.

Related Posts with Thumbnails