12/28/2009 04:07:00 AM

Tyler Madea's Big Happy Family' to tour in 2010.

Posted by SouthernGurl


Hellurr! She's back! Gun-toting, no-bra-wearing, fry-pan-wielding, dropping-it-like-it's-hot, criminal-record-having, grit-ball-playing, curse-you-out-and-hurt-your-feelings-in-a-minute Madea will return to a stage near you for the first time in over five years!

After producing and starring in several film versions of his plays featuring Madea, Tyler Perry is bringing his signature character back to the stage in a new production set to tour in 2010. Tyler posted a message on his Web site Saturday (December 26) that said he had taken some time off in the past few months "so I could spend my mother's final days at her side." His mother, Willie Maxine Perry, died Dec. 8 at age 64.
“You can’t imagine how much I need to be in front of the people right now,” Perry said on his Web site. “To get that give-and-take, I am so looking forward to it. Can you believe it’s been 5 years since I’ve toured? So I’m coming to make you hurt yourself in a good way. This is truly my BIGGEST and BEST PLAY EVER! Trust me when I tell you, I need to laugh and make you laugh even harder. All I want to say is that if you have not seen 'MADEA' live on stage you haven't seen Madea at all. In the movies, I'm limited but on stage...FREEEEEEDDOMMMM!! LOL. I’ve done some things in this show that have never been seen in a play before. The show is hilarious! I mean, it’s so funny that we can’t get through rehearsals. We’re trying to get it all out now. And the music! The music is off the chain. So come on out, I’d love to see you there. It’s bigger and better than anything I’ve ever done. I’m excited about it, I really am.”
Tyler says he will begin touring with his new play, Madea's Big Happy Family, on Jan. 4 in El Paso, Texas. The first leg then goes on to Phoenix, San Diego, Seattle and Portland, Ore, reports the Associated Press.

Hopefully, he'll add Tallahassee, Florida to his tour. I swear on everything I know and own, I'mma do my best to be get a first row seat. I refuse to relive my last Tyler Perry stage play experience again. Click here to see the complete list of tour dates.
......

1 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

Shemar Moore is extremely good looking. I think I'm in love...[shh..don't tell anyone! lol]
xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails