12/23/2009 03:46:00 AM

Russell Simmons on his daughters, reality show & Djimon.

Posted by SouthernGurl


Media mogul Russell Simmons has snagged himself a new reality show with the Oxygen Network. The show, titled 'The Russell Simmons Project' will reportedly revolve around the various women in his life including the 'female assistants who manage his business deals, family life, party planning and love life', or so they say. Russell says, "Throughout my career I have surrounded myself with people smarter than me. This show will let them shine and provide insight into how we build our empire from the inside out."

No word yet on when the show will air.

In other Russell Simmons news, he blogged and bitched about the New York Post making a slick and snide comment that suggested that his two daughters, Ming Lee, 9, and Aoki, 6, preferred mother, Kimora Lee Simmons's new husband, Djimon Honsou, over their biological dad based on an observation during the Baby Phat Fashion show. Simmons wrote:
"...the blurb in the NY Post that dug a hole. The Post managed to do what the others didn't...they got under my skin, found a raw nerve, hit it and actually hurt me. They reported that my beautiful daughters, after their mother's fashion show, "went straight up to Djimon Hounsou and gave him a hug, bypassing biological dad Russell." I'm sorry but targeting my family, my kids who I love so very much and trying to suggest there is some underlying jealousy, favoritism or lack of love between my kids and I or any of that is low and extra dirty."
Simmons continues by complimenting Honsou.
"Djimon is a great father and stepfather for my kids. And I try to be a good father that's the reality. The NY Post tried to take an arrow to my heart and hit me where any father would feel the most pain, and at least for a moment, they succeeded. Sorry to tell the Post and the other sites that picked up this story, that there is NO story here to tell. My girls went and hugged and kissed both Djimon and myself, criscrossing us equally at the same time. He and I are family. I even tell my lovely daughters they are lucky to have two fathers. It saddens me to know that so many people are comfortable making a living by selling pain."

Now I have to say, that throughout Kimora and Djimon's courtship, I have heard Russell say nothing but nice things about Djimon. And that says alot when you consider the fact that Kimora and Russell were still legally married (but separated) when she and Djimon hooked up. ......

0 COMMENTS:

Related Posts with Thumbnails