8/26/2009 01:19:00 PM

Steve Harvey in Upscale magazine.

Posted by SouthernGurl

Comedian/actor/author/radio host Steve Harvey covers the latest issue of Upscale magazine. Harvey has been on a roll since releasing his book, Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man (a book of advice for women seeking to better understand their male counterparts, it's been on the New York Times best seller list for the past six months and has earned over a million dollars in sales), appearing on Oprah, Tyra and The View and snagging a 'contributor' position on Good Morning America. Harvey will bring "GMA" viewers a series of reports on topics ranging from relationships to parenting over the next few months. He will bring his own unique perspective, style and humor to morning television while interacting with viewers around the country via ABCNews.com, Skype and live guests in-studio.

As for his Upscale interview, Steve discussed, of course, his new book, dethroning Tom Joyner, male/female relationships, Oprah and his flaws.

STEVE ON WHY HE WROTE HIS BOOK: 'When you talk to women about their relationships, they are hurting. And they're not hurting because all men are dogs. They are hurting because they don't understand men. That's all it is. Every man ain't a dog. Every dude ain't a bad dude. There are a lot of good men out there if you know how to bring out the best in a man. If you can get a woman to stop thinking she can change a man, if you can get a woman to stop thinking she can make him be a man--[she] can't. All you can do is breing out the best in that man. If you know what makes him tick, what makes him function, then you can bring out the best in him. Since most men aren't going to be forthright, what I decided to do was write a book to show women whether a man is 'playing with you' or 'planning with you.' That's all the book is. I'm teaching women to recognize what men do.


PHOTOS FROM STEVE'S UPSCALE MAGAZINE PHOTOSHOOT. CLICK ON PICS TO SEE ITS FULL IMAGE.


MORE INTERVIEW EXCERPTS WHEN YOU CLICK THE LINK BELOW!




STEVE ON OPRAH: I really owe a lot to Tyra Banks and Ellen DeGeneres, because they put me on first. But oh, my goodness, Oprah Winfrey calls and that really, really changes the game for you. She's a very powerful, beautiful person. I don't know that I've ever met a richer person that was nicer. I've never met anyone that kind before.

STEVE ON HIS FLAWS: Even though I am an imperfect soldier for Christ, I'm still his soldier. But I do wrong all the time. I smoke cigars, I gamble hard when I go to Vegas. I cuss when I talk. I've made some child rearing mistakes. I've yoked my sons up when they weren't really supposed to get yoked up.

STEVE ON TOM JOYNER: I certainly wasn't rejoicing about the move [knocking Tom Joyner out of the top spot in radio] because of my friendship with Tom. It is my belief that whatever God has for you, you're going to have. Whatever I get in life is not going to be the demise of Tom Joyner and [vice versa].

0 COMMENTS:

Related Posts with Thumbnails