8/26/2009 01:35:00 AM

Kenan & Kel photoshoot; candid pics.

Posted by SouthernGurl

Kel Mitchell of Nickelodeon's comedy show Kenan & Kel has been keeping himself extra busy since last appearing on the small screen on UPN's 'Half & Half.' He's starring in a new movie called 'Chicago Polanski Jones' (with Cedric the Entertainer, Tommy Davidson, Affion Crockett and Tia Mowry's husband, Cory Hardrict); a new solo album to be released later this year AND he's also developing a new show for Nickelodeon called, 'Orange Soda Boy' (remember his 'Orange Soda' song: 'who loves orange soda/Kel loves orange soda/is it true/mmmhmm/I do I do I do ho'). In an interview with HM magazine, the married father of two discussed his new projects. Read the excerpts below.

KEL ON HIS NEW MOVIE: I love kung fu movies, and I also love dance movies. People who know me know I love to dance. I decided that I wanted to create a film where I could use both elements, so I decided to make a film about a guy who could only fight when music is playing, and that's how I came up with 'Chicago Pulanski Jones.' I'm the writer, producer, I play the lead role, and I even play the villain in the film. I took it over to Bird and a Bear Productions, and when Ced said he wanted to direct it, I got so excited. I look up to Ced--we worked on Steve Harvey's show together--so it's like a dream come true. I also have another movie with Cedric called 'The Jump Off', which is another dance movie. It's crazy. I guess we just love dancing. Ced's got skills too!


PICS COURTESY OF F. HOLDER, HM MAGAZINE

AND SPEAKING OF KENAN & KEL, KENAN WAS SPOTTED ATTENDING THE 2009 COMIC CON IN JULY.



DETAILS ON KEL'S 'ORANGE SODA BOY' AS WELL AS HIS NEW ALBUM WHEN YOU CLICK THE LINK BELOW!





KEL ON 'ORANGE SODA BOY': I always liked orange soda--so I was like, let me have a living, breathing orange soda that kicks it with all these other sodas...and they live in Carbo Heights. And on Youtube, I have my Orange Soda Boy dance. It's blowing up, kids are doing it everywhere.


KEL ON HIS DEBUT ALBUM: I write R&B and hip-hop. I am going to drop an album--like Eddie Murphy did. It's going to have comedy in it and a lot of features, so watch out for that. Yall look out, Kel (R. Kelly) and Dru Hill. It's gonna be crazy!


0 COMMENTS:

Related Posts with Thumbnails