8/26/2009 04:05:00 AM

Case gets candid; performance pics.

Posted by SouthernGurl

I haven't seen or heard from R&B singer Case in years and once I read an interview he did with Jawn Murray of BV Buzz, I understood why. Dude has been through some true drama over the past several years. In the interview, he talked about his 8 year absence from the music industry, shooting himself in the throat, his new album 'The Rose Experiment' and those pesky decade-long rumors about him dating Beyonce, Foxy Brown and Mary J. Blige. Peep the excerpts below.
CASE ON HIS 8 YEAR ABSENCE & HOW HE FINANCIALLY SUPPORTED HIMSELF DURING THAT TIME: There was a lot of stuff going on. First of all, I moved to Atlanta to be closer to my kids. They were there, and I was still living up in New York/New Jersey and that wasn't working for me, so I moved. Then, I had a mishap with a gun and I shot myself in the throat by accident. I didn't know where it hit me, so I looked and I saw the hole in my neck and saw that it came out the back. Once I saw that, I was like, 'Let me see if I can still sing.' Once I saw I could sing, I then I smoked a cigarette. Seeing if I could sing was the first thing I did. I was out of the hospital within four hours. For a while, my voice wasn't as strong, because I hurt the muscles around it. I recorded the first song for this album about three weeks after that. It didn't take too long....I was still doing shows. I never stopped doing shows. I did a tour during that time. I was writing for other artists and had a couple of features. I did the deal with Def Jam before I left them, so I had that money, and I got the new deal for the independent thing so I had to do what I could.

CASE ON HIS NEW ALBUM 'THE ROSE EXPERIENCE': Blaxl Rose [as in the Black Axl Rose] is my alter ego, and he comes out a lot. On this album, I wanted the music itself to sound lighter, and I wanted to have a lot of fun with it. With my experiences, I've gone a little deeper into the twists and turns of a relationship. This is the first dose of Blaxl Rose that you'll get from me.

BELOW ARE NEW PICS OF CASE PERFORMING AT CENTRAL PARK'S SUMMERSTAGE ON AUGUST 8th.


CHECK OUT WHAT CASE HAD TO SAY ABOUT BEYONCE, MARY J. BLIGE AND FOXY BROWN
WHEN YOU CLICK THE LINK BELOW!






CASE ON BEYONCE, FOXY BROWN & MARY J. BLIGE:

Beyonce: I didn't date Beyonce! She was 17 at the time.

Foxy Brown: Nah, me and Foxy were just cool.

Mary J. Blige: Me and Mary J. Blige did actually date. We lived together for a while. A couple of people told me that Mary said I used to beat her up and another girl said it was K-Ci [of K-Ci & JoJo]. If anything, she was the one throwing s--t at me. I still got a scar!

READ THE ENTIRE INTERVIEW HERE.

0 COMMENTS:

Related Posts with Thumbnails