7/03/2009 03:06:00 AM

Michael's unaired 'Gone Too Soon' tribute on B.E.T.

Posted by SouthernGurl


Were you as pissed off as I was while watching B.E.T.'s (or as I refer to them: Barely Entertainment Television) crap of a tribute to Michael Jackson? With their messy-ass, tacky-ass selves! Yeah, I said it! At first I wasn't going to post anything about it, but now the more I think about it, the madder I get. Is that how you salute a worldwide legend and icon? Somebody done told them wrong. From Bobby Brown's nasty tongue-licking gesture during New Edition's opening performance (which would have been perfect had he kept his tongue in his damn mouth) to Ciara's awful rendition of Michael's Heal the World (she should never be allowed to touch a mic when it comes to singing ballads. No ma'am!) to three or four performances by Jamie Foxx (when he wasn't promoting his upcoming tour) and Neyo to having to have to sit through and watch Trey Songz (Ginuwine would have been the better choice) annihilate the Ojays medley with Tyrese and Johnny Gill to seeing Joe Jackson sitting out in the audience snapping his fingers and nodding his head as if his geriatric ass didn't have anything better to do to the obvious absences of Usher and Chris Brown who were both slated to perform a tribute to Michael to....well you get my drift. Overall, that awards ceremony was not only God-awful, it also didn't commemorate Michael's memory and legacy the way it deserved. All the profanity. I caught at least one 'f*ck' and about two 'sh!ts.' Just disrespectful, especially when folks knew the show was live and a tribute to Michael Jackson. I mean really, yall! Nearly four hours of complete and total madness is what it was.



The best part of the show was when Janet made a surprise appearance to speak on behalf of the Jackson family regarding Michael's untimely death. My niece Jana called it earlier that day. She said she knew Janet would be there to talk about her big brother. Me and my sister gave her the side-eye and were like, 'Yeah, right. Okay, little girl. There's no way Janet will be able to talk about Michael.' Did I mention that the show was nearly four and a half hours of madness? I bet dollars to donuts the MTV Awards, American Music Awards and the Grammy Awards will blow B.E.T.'s (another name I have for them is Black Embarrassment Television,but I digress) tribute out of the water and then some.

Anyhoo, what I'm about to tell you all may piss you off even more. It was because of Don Cornelius babbling on and on about the O'Jays (no offense to them, of course) and several other screw-ups during the live taping of the show that caused B.E.T. (I also refer to them as Bootleg Entertainment Television) to NIX the actual five and a half minute video tribute they prepared for the show after Michael's death. It would have fit in perfectly after Janet's speech. But 'sources' claim they ran out of time and didn't have any room on the rundown to place the video montage. What they should have nixed was that incoherent, unintelligible and inappropriate performance by Lil Wayne featuring his underage daughter and her lil underage friends. I swear the higher a monkey climbs, the more his ass shows. Real talk.

I'm finished with my rant. Well....no I'm not. Well, yes I am because if I keep going, this post will be much longer than it already is. LOL! So, below, check out B.E.T.'s (Bama-fied Entertainless Television) tribute to Michael that never saw the light of day. And if you're an avid fan just like me, have a hanky nearby. I couldn't even watch the entire video.


Rest in peace, Michael. We love you, but God loves you more. Words can't explain how terribly missed you are.
......


......

7 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

Wow. BET makes the most effed up decisions in television. Debra Lee needs her ass whooped. She actually thought she was doing something.

LMAO @ barely entertainment tv and bama-fied entertainment tv! LOL!

Oshyn said...

I swear they shoudl change they name to "CAN'T GET RIGHT TV" because they can't get nothing right. Such a embarassment. Jamie wasn't that funny. I still don't no what the hell Beyonce was talking about. She went from singing in English to some other language. She probably didn't even know what she was singing. I heard she's slow like that. I didn't perk up until the end when I saw Janet come out. She came out and the waterworks came out of me!!!

Michael we miss you so so so much. You music, legacy and spirit will live on through everyone you touch forever. you will never be forgotten. NEVER.



This was a entertaining read Southergirl. Thanks for posting your thoughts on that catastrophy. I was wondering why you were keeping quiet about it.

PEACHESfromthePEACHSTATE said...

YOUR STORIES ARE SO DAMN LONG BUT ONCE I START READING THEM, I CAN'T STOP!! LOL!!............

YOU'RE REALLY FUNNY!..........

AS FOR MICHAEL I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THAT HE'S GONE........

BUT WE MUST REMEMBER THAT LEGENDS LIKE HIM NEVER DIE THEY LIVE ON FOREVER THROUGH US.......

I TAKE SOLACE IN THAT AND KNOWING HE IS AT PEACE NOW......

NO ONE CAN EVER HURT HIM AGAIN....

Missing_Michael said...

I am so very very sad. Very Sad. My brother and sisters still laugh at me and look at me crazy when they see me crying over him. They just don't understand and they're not trying to. I grew up listening to him and ever since I heard the news he died I burst out in tears at any given moment but mainly when I listen to his songs.

He has touched my life as well as others. Thank you Michael for bringing happiness to the lives of many. BET fucked up their tribute to him. It wasn't fit for a king of Michael's stature. But thank you for posting the video. However I'm sure MTV will do a better job.

PebblyPooh said...

I agrer with you SGurl on EVERYTHING YOU SAID! EVERYTHING! A lot of people were expecting BET to give a good show sunday, but they fell quite short. Losers to the nth degree. Now they are releasing statements apologizing for that debacle of a performance Lil Wayne did. He was so damn disrespectful. The only highlight was seeing Janet come out and speak.

Anonymous said...

The video could've been a little bit better. The first 10 seconds is completely black. I hope it's because this is the edited copy. If not I'm still not surprised at the lack of quality of it.

Anonymous said...

Hey SOutherngurl I saw this on another website:

If you have not heard by now, an open letter was written to the network by Director and Activist Byron Hurt, and it has been posted to several major websites. Hurt, the letter’s author, complained about many things, from the performances, specifically Lil’ Wayne’s to much more. He states in his letter that “it’s sad and unfortunate that your network, owned by Viacom, continues to crank out mediocrity and perpetuate negative stereotypes of black men, women, and children.” The letter has continued to circulate around the internet, and finally has garnered a response from the Executive who wishes to remain anonymous.

The Exec does address many concerns that you have emailed us about, and first and foremost he responds to the lack of attendance from certain people who were not present for the BET Awards, which was supposed to be a tribute to Michael Jackson who passed away two days earlier. He States, “Berry Gordy, Diana Ross... Too distraught to make live public appearances. Usher, Omarion, Justin (Timberlake)... All in Europe. At the end of the day, not everyone can adjust their schedules or emotions. HOWEVER it should be noted that we (BET) did NOT call Janet (Jackson) to participate; we respected their call for privacy. Her folks called us and we are honored... and are proud to say that the family enjoyed our upbeat, humorous, heartfelt tribute. THAT'S what matters.”


I say its still bullshit.

Related Posts with Thumbnails