7/03/2009 03:00:00 PM

Final plans for Michael's public memorial.

Posted by SouthernGurl

UPDATE:
According to cbsnews.com, the PR firm Sachs & Associates announced that within the first hour-and-a-half of allowing fans to sign up for the drawing, the Web site received 500,000,000 hits, averaging 120,000 per second. Duplicate registrations are not allowed, so those seeking a chance are being asked to log on only once. Meanwhile, an additional server has been added to accommodate the volume of traffic.
Ain't that something?!! Even in death, Michael continues to break more records; sending legions of fans, stans and haters in a complete frenzy.


If you plan on attending Michael Jackson's public memorial on next Tuesday, there are a couple of important things you need to know. A press conference was held today where Los Angeles city and law officials carved out the details of how folks can receive free tickets to the memorial. First and foremost: If you don't have a ticket, you ain't getting in. You will be turned away from the Staples Center by the LAPD. Below are more key points from the press conference.


  • 17,500 tickets are available; 11,000 will be issued for the Staples Center where you can attend the memorial as it broadcast live. 6,500 tickets are available for the Nokia Center (across the street from the Staples Center), where you can watch the live telecast of the memorial.
  • Tickets are only available to U.S. citizens.
  • You can register for free tickets (at least two) today at Staples.com; the deadline is tomorrow at 6 p.m. They're treating it like a web lottery. You register and then there's a random drawing. If you're selected you'll be contacted on Sunday by email with directions.
  • You must provide a valid ID in order to attend the memorial at either location. I believe they'll also give you some type of code or wristband.
  • For the public's safety, there will be no big screens/speakers outside of Staples Center. So if you want to experience the celebration of Michael's life, either register for a ticket or watch it from the comfort of your own home. There will be no outsiders/bystanders outside the Staples Center besides law enforcement officials.
  • A live feed will be provided by every network free of charge.
  • There will not be a funeral procession before or after the service.
  • Officials refused to answer questions on if there would be a public viewing of Michael's body at the memorial. According to newsweek.com, Michael's mother Katherine and sister Janet are allegedly opposed to having a public viewing because Michael's body isn't in shape to be viewed by the public.
  • No details about the order of service (i.e. who's performing, which celebrities are expected to be in attendance, etc.) were announced.
  • A private funeral for the Jackson family (and invite guests) will be held before the public memorial. Plans are underway to have more memorials across the United States.
  • Still no word on where his final resting place will be.
Good luck in being able to register for tickets and having your name drawn!

....

10 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

I hope paramedics are going to be on the scene. If people were fainting and passing out when they saw Michael alive they going to really have it bad now that he is gone and not coming back. There's already been several suicides. And boy if his body is there-------------man, omg. Omg.

GIN said...

Would I be taking it too far if I said I believe Michael Jackson should get a day named in his honor?

Anonymous said...

I feel like a small piece of my childhood is gone.I still remember watching Thriller and being unable to sleep afterwards! His talent and spirit will live on forever in the hearts and minds of his true fans. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family at this difficult time,especically his beautiful children who I can only hope and pray will find some peace in all of this and live a loving and fulifilling life that their Dad wanted for them.

MJ's Billie Jean 4 Life said...

God reading the funeral plans just makes it so final. In the back of my mind I don't want that day to come. I want him to pop up and say surprise! I'm still here. I was making a jokey-joke!

Even in death he still is unselfish because he left us with a great legacy, yet so much still unfinished. I feel like he's somehow helping me to cope with the reality that he is gone. But Michael, oh the things I woudl do to see your sweet smiling face once more! We can never thank you enough for what you gave this world for the short time you were here. I PROMISE to dance my little tushie off and NOT cry when I hear your music. That's my promise to you.

You were a kind and gentle soul... too gentle for this godforsaken planet. May you find your way home sweet Michael. Thank you for always showing love for the 'kids.'

Manny said...

Why did we take him for granted? Does anybody understand that we lost a national treasure? A man that was unique, he was so kind down to earth and shy..Fame never changed him.He was too good and sweet for this world. We will NEVER hear ore see this kind of talent again.HE IS GONE FOR EVER and that's why I am so sad. How could we have hurt you so much? We always took you for granted, and now we will never experience your presence and beauty again.

Anonymous said...

Good 4 him that he's dead. Child molester. U all R stupid up N here d-fending a man who had such a sick mind. now there is 1 less pervert walking da earth. Good riddance.

Spartus93843_98 said...

All the mad talking about this man should really stop because really, your talk is worthless now. No ONE cares! Shut the f@ck up. I don't know if the moderator is moderating her comments but comments like the one above me is totally uncalled for. I abhor ignorant people.

On another note...I have already registered for my two free tickets. I don't live too far from the Staples Center so I plan on probably camping out to be one of the first ones in line.

Nicole said...

I was one of the ignorant people who believed the accusations against Michael. I then seen the footage of the boy saying his father made him do it. I can't begin to tell everyone how bad I feel and how much it breaks my heart that Michael did not live to hear his name cleared. He was a broken man,a shattered man because of people like me who don't look outside the box. I will post this everywhere so people will know the truth and his family and children can hold their heads up high because he truely was a wonderful man! MICHAEL I'M SORRY AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU, YOUR CHILDREN, FAMILY AND THE PEOPLE LIKE ME!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gone Too Soon now has so many other meanings. Man I miss him.

J5 said...

All the haters will say what they want to say, let them judge!!! Michael is an ICON!!!!!!! For all the fans, outshine these haters, that's what they were created for.. to hate and piss people off. R.I.P. Michael..Loved your music and your legacy. Only one being will judge you brotha!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails