7/06/2009 09:37:00 AM

Chris Brown's impromptu tribute to Michael Jackson.

Posted by SouthernGurl

Since Chris Brown was robbed (depending on who you ask like my silly baby sister) of his chance to pay tribute to his role model and my late husband, Michael Jackson at the B.E.T. Awards, he decided to put on an impromptu performance at Diddy and Ashton Kutcher's 4th of July White Party which was held to help raise awareness for malaria (that's a good look) in Beverly Hills on Saturday when the deejay played Michael's Thriller. As you can see in the youtube clip, once the song started playing and the guests got pumped up, Chris decided this was his chance to put on a performance. When folks started hyping him up, he got more into it. The party was being broadcast live on Ustream so that people who weren't fortunate enough to receive an invite could watch their favorite celebrities mix and mingle from the comfort of their own home.


Anyhoo, I heard that Chris Brown wanted desperately to honor Michael at the B.E.T. Awards. In a recent interview, Jamie Foxx said Chris didn't perform that night for safety reasons. Whether he was joking or not, I don't know. Rumors ran rampant through the blogosphere as to why he was shut out. And although Chris hasn't commented on the reports, a source close to his camp told MTV News that he was never confirmed to be a part of the show and the rumors regarding Brown and BET were untrue; a spokesperson for BET corroborated that information, adding that “the rumors are false.”

Real talk: Chris, sweetie, I'm honored that you looked up to Michael so much and considered him as your role model, but there will never be another King of Pop; and yes, I know you already know this. You have the dancing abilities, yes indeed, and no one can take that away from you; but in my opinion that's where it ends. With the tattoos, dwindling record sales, sagging pants, history of physical abuse and disrespect towards others, you look more like a protege of Joe 'I'mma beat yo ass, boy!' Jackson...not Michael Jackson. Call me bias but these were my thoughts even before Michael passed away. But you get an 'A+' for effort though and I'm sure he would have appreciated it. Bless your heart.

Click the link below to read the statement Chris issued upon hearing about Michael's death.



”Michael Jackson is the reason why I do music and why I am an entertainer. I am devastated by this great loss, and I will continue to be humbled and inspired by his legacy. My prayers are with his family. Michael will be deeply missed, but never forgotten. He’s the greatest … the best ever. No one will ever be better.”

0 COMMENTS:

Related Posts with Thumbnails