10/10/2008 05:48:00 PM

Ice Cube, Scarface, Nas to form supergroup.

Posted by SouthernGurl


I swear if I read about another rap/hip-hop/R&B 'supergroup', I'mma scream bloody murder. First there was LSG (Levert, Sweat & Gill) and yes they have been very successful, or, according to who you ask, the most successful supergroup in R&B history. But it seems like after they're rise and fall from fame more supergroups emerged wanting to experience that same success. Jay-Z and R. Kelly were thisclose to making history when they recorded Best of Both Worlds back in 2002. But because of 'Chester's ' bitchmade attitude and pedophilia ways their venture eventually hit FAILville. Omarion and Bow Wow really believed they'd go multi-platinum if they hooked up and recorded an album together. They must've thought it was a sure thing considering their huge female fan base. FAIL! Their album barely went gold. Then R&B pretty boys Tyrese, Ginuwine and Tank a.k.a. TGT banded together and wouldn't you know it: FAIL! They couldn't even get an album deal. And the mere thought of having to hear Lil Wayne's scratchy, incoherent, nasal voice alongside T-Pain and his v-coder is enough to make me lose my salvation (and I say this with love because he's my fellow Tallahasseean and his sister cuts my hair). But the coup di grace of them all came (and went) about 2 years ago. That's when Shawna (from Luda's DTP camp), Remy Ma (we all know where she is and will be for the next 8 years or so) and Jacki-O (do I even need to go there?) had the nerve to form an all-female supergroup, which eventually....wait for it...FAILED! I remember reading about that and thinking to myself, 'What in the fuckery fuck is this shit?!!!' (excuse my un-Southern-ish language).

CONTINUE READING THIS STORY BY CLICKING THE LINK BELOW.



Anywhoo, I said all of that to say this. If so many supergroups have tried and failed, why do others come along and think they're going to be any different? I'm sorry, maybe I just don't get it, but ideas like this just don't work. The latest artists to form a supergroup is none other than Ice Cube, Scarface and Nas. Scarface reportedly went on record and said that he plans to quit the rap game (is there really such a thing as 'quitting' rap?) after the release of his next and supposedly final solo album Emeritus. He went on to add that he'd only return to the recording studio IF Ice Cube and Nas would join him. And Cube says he's more than ready get this project on and popping. He tells AllHipHop.com, "I wouldn’t even think twice about doing that…hell yeah! I think the album would be crazy, lyrics would be sick, and hip-hop would love it. It’s just making that business happen, that’s the part that gets funky. I ain’t never turned down these kind of projects, they just don’t happen for whatever reasons. But I’m up for some s**t like this because I know we can make a dope record.”

I mean, really yall!

0 COMMENTS:

Related Posts with Thumbnails