7/07/2009 08:06:00 PM

Usher's touching tribute to Michael Jackson.

Posted by SouthernGurl


Usher is one black celebrity man who did Michael's memory justice at his public memorial service earlier today. I know I may harp on Usher a bit, but I have to give props where props are due and this is why I'm giving him his own post.

Anyone who wasn't moved or didn't shed a tear or just didn't feel some type of way during Usher's rendition of Michael's song, Gone Too Soon (a song I have tried to avoid listening to for obvious reasons), needs to check their pulse. I had to use a wash rag because I didn't have enough Kleenex to wipe my tears away during that performance. Dude had me bawling especially when he walked down and placed his hand on Michael's coffin. Then to hear him choke up the way he did just tugged at my heart because I was feeling the same way. He loved and admired Michael so much. Usher looked up to and respected Michael the way Michael looked up to and respected James Brown. I once heard Usher say that Michael was one of the main reasons why he became a philanthropist. And these days it seems like Usher--like Michael--spends most of his time giving back to the community and other charities than singing and performing. That's a good look.

Usher, everyone felt your pain today, but we all know the pain you felt was a hundred times harder than what we felt because of your close relationship with Michael. But just so you know, you are not alone. Bless your heart.



MORE PICS OF USHER AT MJ's MEMORIAL WHEN YOU CLICK THE LINK BELOW!














Usher sings, 'Gone Too Soon.'

7 COMMENTS:

Oshyn said...

Awwwwwwwww Usher! He sounded so good as he sang that song. A whole lot better than he sounded when he tried 2 sing "Wanna B Startin Somthing" at Mike's 30th anniv. special. I saw that on TV1 and lmao cuz that song was too high for him to be singing. Can't nobody but Mike sang that song. But Ush tried. But he REALLY did a wonderful job at Mike's memorial. Aww man. I felt for him 2. I think he was the only performer that received some love from the entire family.

Wow. Now I'm bout to start crying.

UsherFan4Ever said...

I'M A BIG USHER FAN!!!! As one of his biggest fans I want to THANK YOU SO MUCH for writing such a nice story on his performance. He really loved and admired Michael alot and we saw how much pain he was in while singing that song. But like a true performer he was able to get through it before breaking down. He and Mike are alike in a lot of ways.

Mina said...

People have been coming down on Usher really hard these days over that divorce. Peeps don't know if he trying to get himself some publicity or not. Its funny how peeps saw this divorce coming because she's not the right one for him. Now that the day has arrived peeps still want to clown Usher for doing what they felt he should have did a long time ago. To stay away from her. I guess he damned if he do and damned if he don't. What do yall want from this man? lol

N-E-ways. Watching him sing Mike's song I gained a new respect for him. Shoot, I was crying too.

PEACHESfromthePEACHSTATE said...

I HEARD USHER IS STILL TAKING MICHAEL'S DEATH HARD........

AT THE RECEPTION AFTER THE MEMORIAL I READ THAT HE PRETTY MUCH KEPT TO HIMSELF AND DIDN'T REALLY MINGLE WITH THE OTHER GUESTS.....

THEY SAID HE LOOKED REALLY SAD TOO....

I HOPE HE CHEERS UP SOON.

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww, Usher!

Manny said...

I thought Usher's role model was Bobby Brown.

SouthernGurl said...

Oh please. Bobby Brown is as good a role model as Ike Turner! LOL! Bobby showed Usher his true colors when he tried to fight Usher at his own b-day party several years ago.

Related Posts with Thumbnails